Johnson Matthey is a world leader in the development and manufacture of catalysts and technologies to control harmful pollutant emissions from a variety of sources
Mobile and Stationary Emissions Control
Our emission control catalysts and technologies reduce the impact of emissions from a variety of sources, including:
- Gasoline and diesel powered cars and light vehicles.
- Heavy duty diesel vehicles such as trucks and buses.
- Non-road vehicles such as construction and agricultural equipment.
- Vehicles powered by gas (LPG, LNG).
- Stationary sources such as coal fired power stations, gas turbines, industrial plants, chemical processes, locomotive, marine and waste-to-energy industries.
Catalysts and technologies for these sources are supplied by Johnson Matthey's Emission Control Technologies business.
Nitrous Oxide Abatement Systems
Johnson Matthey also offers catalyst systems to control emissions of nitrous oxide (N 2O), a potent greenhouse gas, from nitric acid manufacturing plants. These systems are supplied by Johnson Matthey's Noble Metals business.