Technology leadership forms the basis of Johnson Matthey’s strategy to deliver superior long term growth
During the summer of 2010 the group carried out an extensive examination and review of its business strategy for the next ten years. Full details of the strategy review process are described in the Group Strategy section of the 2011 Annual Report. This important piece of work has established the direction of the group over the next decade and outlines the actions it will take to achieve its goals.
Our Strategy for Future Growth
- We will continue to focus on leading edge catalysis, driven by major global sustainability trends such as improving air quality, energy security, sustainability and development in emerging markets
- We will maintain differentiation through technology supported by enhanced investment in R&D in our core market areas
- A strong position in platinum group metals will remain an intrinsic part of the group
- Our primary focus will be organic growth. We will however, maintain our strategy of making bolt-on acquisitions in core areas where they will accelerate organic growth
- We will target development of new opportunities underpinned by our core chemistry expertise in materials science and surface chemistry
- The Johnson Matthey attributes, outlining what makes a successful Johnson Matthey business, will be used to provide a focus for investment and for growing new business
- We will place increased emphasis on manufacturing excellence to ensure we operate with the highest technology and highest efficiency
- We recognise the value of our people and culture. In working towards growing the business, we will focus further on tackling the challenge of integrating the Johnson Matthey culture across our expanding global operations.
Find out More
Read more about Johnson Matthey’s Strategy in Action and the strategy section in our 2012 Annual Report.