Johnson Matthey is a leading manufacturer of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) which are used by generic and branded pharmaceutical companies in the manufacture of pharmaceutical products
Johnson Matthey specialises in the manufacture of low to medium volume, high value products, especially controlled drugs.
Our extensive product range includes:
- Controlled substances – opiates, such as morphine and codeine, for pain relief
- Controlled substances – synthetic opiates, such as fentanyl, for amnesia and acute pain management
- Controlled substances – other organics including methylphenidate hydrochloride which is used in drug therapy for control of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Platinum actives, including carboplatin and oxaliplatin, which are used in chemotherapy treatments
- Other bulk actives, such as naloxone, used in the treatment of opiate addiction and galantamine, the active used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s
- A range of prostaglandins which are used in the treatment of ophthalmic conditions, hypertension and heart disease.
Our API manufacturing activities comprise two businesses:
- Macfarlan Smith, based in the UK
- Pharmaceutical Materials and Services, based in the US.
Find out more about our API Manufacturing businesses.