For Johnson Matthey, sustainability is about how we can best run our business in the long term, and our Sustainability 2017 Vision is helping us get there
Our Sustainability 2017 Vision
It is our strategy to grow our business through:
- Investment in technology
- Application of key niche market knowledge
- Development of products concerned with protecting the environment
- Responsible management of the very valuable materials we work with.
Sustainability at our core
We are committed to the principles of sustainable development and strive for outstanding resource efficiency and minimum carbon intensity.
We aim to further develop and enhance sustainability as a core competence and key driver of competitiveness for our business.
A sustainable partner
We aim to encourage our suppliers and customers to adopt the values of sustainability which we uphold.
For the benefit of our customers, we aim to apply our expertise to the development of a new generation of sustainable products and services.
2017: What we're aiming for
We aim to more than double earnings per share while halving our carbon intensity, achieve zero waste, and halve the key resources we consume per unit of output.
This will create a business that will continue to grow and prosper in its third century.
Our sustainable business plan beyond 2017 will look to:
- Shift in emphasis from internal facing to external facing issues
- Assess impact and benefits through the value chain
- Align with Johnson Matthey's 3C Strategy.