Sustainability 2017, a key element of Johnson Matthey’s vision for building a sustainable business, includes a number of targets to support future growth
We have made significant progress against the challenging targets that we set back in 2007. They have been a real catalyst for change, focusing our attention on the issues that matter to our stakeholders and challenging our thinking about the way that we run our business.
We are proud of the improved health and safety performance, significant cumulative financial savings and reduced environmental footprint that we have achieved.
We will continue to focus on these targets up to the end of the Sustainability 2017 programme on 31st March 2017 when we will embark on our new programme, Sustainable Business 2025.
Performance against targets
- Continued good progress towards our targets.
- Underlying earnings per share (EPS) target was exceeded in 2013/14 and maintained in 2015/16.
- Remain on track to achieve carbon intensity and key resource reduction targets as a result of continued focus on efficiency programmes across the group. Divestment and acquisitions also contributed to progress.
- Lost time injury and illness rate reduced by continued groupwide focus on health and safety culture.
- Further progress made in reducing occupational illness cases.
Read more about our Sustainability progress in our Annual Report.