Sulphur removal from a hydrocarbon stream is a necessity in order to achieve feedstock purity, maximise catalyst and plant operating efficiencies as well as comply with environmental regulations.
Johnson Matthey’s range of PURASPECTM absorbents are proven in numerous markets as a simple and effective means of achieving sulphur removal from hydrocarbon streams and are suited for a range of applications within the gas processing, refineries and petrochemical markets.
Our latest patent protected innovation in sulphur removal technology, PURASPEC 1065, achieves the highest sulphur removal capacity on the market, boasting a 66% capacity increase to our most popular PURASPEC 1038A sulphur absorbent.
The newest introductions to our PURASPEC sulphur absorbent portfolio combine decades of industry experience with the latest innovations in manufacturing technology. PURASPEC 1065 achieves:
- Our most cost-effective solution in terms of cost per kilograms of sulphur removed
- The lowest absorbent volume for a given duty
- Highest sulphur capacity providing longer absorbent lives
- Products are supported by dedicated regional teams
- A fully reprocessable material at the end of life, which we can manage for you.
The evolution of the PURASPEC sulphur guard range.
PURASPEC absorbents for sulphur removal from hydrocarbons
Commercial and environmental pressures are setting increasingly tight limits on the levels of sulphur compounds allowed in gaseous and liquid hydrocarbons used for fuel and transportation. Purification process technology is, therefore, required to enable producers to meet product specifications and satisfy environmental regulations.
PURASPEC absorbent technology has found wide application for the purification of gases and hydrocarbon liquids since its first inception in 1984. PURASPEC absorbents can be used for the selective purification of:
- Natural gas
- Purification of LNG
- Vent gas
- Shale gas
- Low and stable pressure drop due to high particle strength
- Cost effective sulphur removal
- Reliable performance and long predictable lives
- Sulphur removal to very low levels
- Highest product capacities in the market resulting in longest absorbent lives
- Easier disposal because sulphur is chemically absorbed to give stable metal sulphide
- The absorbent does not contain associated hydrocarbons.
A wide range of PURASPEC absorbents are available for the removal of contaminants from hydrocarbon streams. Johnson Matthey representatives should be consulted to determine which product is most appropriate for any given application/duty.
All our products are supported by dedicated regional teams and are fully re-processable at the end of life.