Johnson Matthey’s ASC technology removes residual ammonia (NH3) from upstream ammonia dosing systems, converting it into nitrogen (N2) and water (H2O).
[NH3] → N2 + H2O
Current ASC technologies are also able to convert NOx to nitrogen.
NOX + NH3 → N2 + H2O
Composition: Designed to include oxidation (typically Pd, Pt or Rh) and reduction functions (typically metal zeolite) coated on a flow-through monolith.
Our ammonia slip catalysts…
- Possess reductive and oxidative functionality, allowing selective conversion of NH3 and NOx
- Can be zone coated with SCR
- Are highly durable and selective over a wide temperature window
- Are fine-tuned to meet customer requirements
- Help to enable our customers to meet increasingly stringent legislation
- Are an integral part of a diesel system.