A catalysed soot filter (CSF) is a coated diesel particulate filter (DPF). Johnson Matthey’s CSF technology removes particulate matter (soot) and catalyses the oxidation of gaseous emissions, converting carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons in carbon dioxide and water:
CO + ½ O2 → CO2
[HC] + O2 → CO2 + H2O
NO + ½ O2 à NO2
Composition: Precious metals (Pd, Pt) coated on a wall-flow monolith.
Our catalysed soot filters…
- Remove over 99% of particulate matter
- Have high performance at low precious metal loadings and low back pressure
- Are optimised for specific systems and are durable against temperatures and poisons
- Oxidise NO to provide favourable NO:NO2 ratios for passive filter regeneration and for downstream catalyst reactions
- Can be coated onto a range of different filter substrate types.