Johnson Matthey’s diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) technology can cut CO and HC emissions by more than 90%.
Our DOCs are designed to oxidise pollutants in light and heavy duty engines. Carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbon (HC) and nitrogen oxide (NO) are oxidised to carbon dioxide (CO2), water (H2O) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
CO + ½ O2 → CO2
[HC] + O2 → CO2 + H2O
NO + ½ O2 → NO2
Our diesel oxidation catalysts…
- Are an ever-advancing technology that has been developed from our 30 years experience.
- Allow vehicle and engine manufactures to meet strict emission legislation.
- Can be optimised for bespoke systems and applications to meet customer requirements.
- Oxidise NO to provide favourable NO:NO2 ratios for downstream catalyst reactions.
- Can be further enhanced to contain zeolites for low temperature HC control.
- Are highly durable against temperatures and poisons.
- Utilise advanced materials for low light-off temperatures, enabling efficient use of precious metal.