Physical and chemical analysis is the process used to assess the performance of novel crystalline forms, design-appropriate salt and cocrystal screens and investigate alternative drug delivery routes. Our physchem services provide comprehensive physicochemical characterisation for your compound using specialist instruments and software, to provide the maximum amount of high-quality information, when only limited material is available.
- Obtain measured pKa values as a precursor for salt screening studies
- Better understand and predict in vivo behaviours of an API
- Compare the performance of various different free form salt, cocrystal and polymorphic forms
- Find the most compatible surfactants and excipients to improve bioavailability in poorly soluble compounds
- Aid in troubleshooting batch to batch variability
- Completing data packages in preparation for IND application