Sulphur removal from a hydrocarbon stream is a necessity in order to achieve feedstock purity, maximise catalyst and plant operating efficiencies as well as overcoming today's increasing environmental issues.
Johnson Matthey’s range of PURASPECTM fixed bed absorbents is proven in numerous markets as a simple and effective means of achieving sulphur removal from natural gas.
PURASPEC fixed bed absorbents are suited for a range of applications within the Gas processing, Refineries and Petrochemical markets.
PURASPEC absorbents for sulphur removal from natural gas
Commercial and environmental pressures are setting increasingly tight limits on the levels of sulphur compounds allowed in gaseous and liquid hydrocarbons used for fuel and transportation. Purification process technology is, therefore, required to enable producers to meet product specifications and also to satisfy all environmental regulations.
Johnson Matthey's PURASPEC process technology, has found wide application for the purification of gases and hydrocarbon liquids since its first application in 1984.
- PURASPEC for removal of H2S from natural gas, LNG, associated gas and shale gas
- PURASPEC for purification of vent gas
- PURASPEC for purification of LPG.
- Low and stable pressure drop due to high particle strength
- Cost effective sulphur removal
- Reliable performance and long predictable lives
- Sulphur removal to very low levels
- Easier disposal because sulphur is chemically absorbed to give stable metal sulphide.
Please note that this is not the complete range of PURASPEC absorbents for sulphur removal. Johnson Matthey representatives should be consulted to determine which product is most appropriate for any given application/duty.