Ashby’s catalyst, 2% platinum
Ashby’s catalyst solution is a Pt(0) complex in tetramethyltetravinylcyclotetrasiloxane. It is used for the addition curing cross-linking reaction between Si-vinyl and Si-H groups. The highly stable catalyst solution provides a long pot life with rapid curing at elevated temperatures.
Pgm compound solution (organic)
1.9 – 2.4 % w/w
- Platinum is in the zero oxidation state with no chlorides coordinated.
- Ashby’s catalyst promotes the hydrosilylation reaction in addition cure systems at elevated temperature, with a long pot life at room temperature
- Ashby’s catalyst is supplied in solution for easy dosing and formulation
Shipping and handling
- Keep solutions in tightly-sealed containers, ideally under an inert atmosphere
- Store at temperatures < 30°C
- Please refer to the relevant Safety Data Sheet for further information.