Any source of ammonia can be used, but most commonly the source is an aqueous solution of urea. This decomposes in the exhaust stream in two stages to form ammonia and carbon dioxide (CO2):
NH2C(O)NH2 → HNCO + NH3
HNCO + H2O → CO2 + NH3
Composition: Typically, Cu-Zeolite coated onto a filter substrate.
Our selective catalytic reduction filters…
- Have market-leading Cu-Zeolite washcoat technology to deliver advanced NOx emissions control.
- Are tailored to customers’ individual systems.
- Help enable our customers to meet increasingly stringent NOx and PN legislation aspects.
- Are highly durable against temperatures and poisons.
- Are being developed to help catalyst after-treatment systems achieve low N2O emissions, supporting future legislation requirements.