Johnson Matthey (JM), a global leader in sustainable technologies, today announced a new Group Leadership Team (GLT) to drive execution of JM’s refreshed strategy.
JM’s customers will now be served through four core businesses, all of which are centred on the company’s expertise in PGM chemistry and catalysis, combined with our process technology skills.
The new GLT will include:
- Anish Taneja joins JM as Chief Executive, Clean Air from 1 July. Anish brings significant commercial acumen and experience, and was most recently President & CEO Michelin Europe North. Anish’s role will be to ensure Clean Air maintains its leading position in the auto-catalyst market.
- Mark Wilson joins JM as Chief Executive, Hydrogen Technologies from 11 July. Mark is an experienced leader in the chemical and energy industries, having spent much of his early career at BP in various commercial and general management leadership roles, including setting up successful joint ventures and partnerships in China. His role will be to make Hydrogen Technologies the market leader in performance components for fuel cells and green hydrogen electrolysers.
- Jane Toogood will be Chief Executive, Catalyst Technologies (CT). Jane was previously Chief Executive, Efficient Natural Resources (ENR) and has extensive chemicals industry leadership experience. Jane knows and understands our CT markets and is very well positioned to strengthen JM’s position as market leader in syngas-based chemicals and fuels technology.
- Alastair Judge will be Chief Executive, Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS). Alastair was previously Finance Director then interim CEO of Clean Air. Alastair has demonstrated strong leadership capability throughout his career and his role will be to ensure PGMS retains its position as the global leading recycler of platinum group metals as well as looking to maximise the synergy opportunities with the other three core businesses, all of whom already rely on PGMS as an enabler for their businesses.
In addition, Christian Gunther has been appointed as Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer to accelerate transformation within JM, and Anne Chassagnette joined earlier in May as Chief Sustainability Officer.
The GLT also comprises the following leaders:
- Stephen Oxley - Chief Financial Officer
- Mark Su – President, China
- Maurits van Tol - Chief Technology Officer
- Ron Gerrard - Chief EHS and Operations Officer
- Annette Kelleher - Chief Human Resources Officer
- Nick Cooper – General Counsel and Company Secretary
Liam Condon, CEO of Johnson Matthey, says: “JM has a powerful vision for a cleaner, healthier world and the net zero transition is creating new and bigger markets for us. With these appointments I believe we now have the right world-class leadership team to unlock our true potential, drive performance and successfully execute on our strategy moving at pace.”