Our ECO-CAT™ gauze systems combine binary and ternary alloys. Using our latest, innovative technology along with a range of advanced alloys, wire diameters and knit structures, we offer an exclusively tailored package.
The ECO-CAT pack uses palladium in a controlled manner to replace some of the platinum in the gauze. Exploiting its metal recovery properties, the palladium catches lost platinum without compromising the ammonia conversion. This increases the gauze performance and gives a sustainable and efficient system for nitric acid production.
We are able to replace installed traditional gauzes with our ECO-CAT system, offering several advantages:
- Increase in campaign lengths by 50-100%
- No loss on conversion efficiency
- Reduction in installed precious metal gauze weight by 40-50% - a result of the platinum being "reused" further down the gauze pack
- Reduction in installed platinum weight by 30-40%
- Reduction in overall metal losses by up to 50%
- Reduced N2O emissions.