Our Advanced Coating Technology protects ceramics through a thin coating (200-500 µm) of platinum or 10% rhodium/platinum. Ideal for long runs and limited thermal cycling, they provide:
- Protection at the glass line
- Protection against corrosive vapour condensates
- Complete corrosion resistance against the attack of any molten glass, including soda lime, crystal, borosilicate and opal
- 100% shape retention for the lifetime of the coating, allowing a stable forming process and reducing costs.
The flexible process allows the coating to be applied to complex shapes. The coating configuration and thickness can be tailored.
- Platinum 99.95% for use up to 1300°C
- 10% rhodium/platinum for use up to 1600°C
- 200-400 microns for feeder consumables and specialised products
- 400-500 microns for furnace blocks
Our ACTTM coatings provide essential dimensional stability and durability for the automated feeding process. We supply single items or a set with a spout bowl, orifice ring, stirrer tube and plungers - recommended for maximum durability and high quality glass.
ACT coated furnaces protect the throat and extend the campaign length. The coating is fully bonded to the block, eliminating sagging and removing the need for welds or straps.
The coating provides additional dimensional stability and durability compared to bare fused cast ceramics. It involves minimal risk with the fuse cast material underlying the thin metal layer. It also requires less metal compared to platinum/rhodium linings or molybdenum shields, offering substantial returns on investment through metal recovery.
We supply coated fused cast ceramics as a single item or as a set of three to five blocks. We can provide you with recommended designs and assistance during installation.
ACT coatings produce superior quality products that consumable ceramics can't match. They minimise ceramic particle solvation into the finished product and remove contact between the glass and ceramic surfaces in the critical zone.
- ACT danner sleeves and ribbon blocks for the tubing industry
- ACT pin stirrers, lip stones and tweels for the flat glass industry
- ACT feeder chambers and screw plungers for the crystal industry.
Additional options available include:
- Polished ACT coatings for exceptional glass quality
- Electrical suppression
- Integrated thermocouples
- Direct heating.
As the market leader in precious metal thermocouples, our wires and assemblies are renowned for accuracy and reliability.
We can supply ACT thermocouple assembles, using our proven technology to reduce the amount of metal required. These can be standard designs, customer drawings or with different configurations including a thicker coating at the glass line. And we provide information on installation and removal of every ACT thermocouple.
With protective tubes that are inert with molten glass, you'll get unequalled resistance to erosion. They withstand thermal cycling, ceramic cracking and several removals and insertions. For more demanding applications we disperse zirconia grain stabilised particles in the alloys to increase their mechanical strength and durability.