Our top priority is the safety, health and wellbeing of our 15,000 people. We are closely monitoring developments in the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking the appropriate steps to help maintain the ongoing health and safety of our employees. Johnson Matthey has:
- Enabled working from home arrangements for all roles that can do so;
- Ensured the highest standards of safety in all working practices;
- Enhanced our existing health and wellbeing support for all employees;
- Put self-isolation procedures in place for employees who are displaying symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed infected individual;
- Decided that we will not take any COVID-19 support from the UK government for furloughed staff during April, May and June 2020 (Q1 of our 2020/21 financial year); and
- Pledged to make no member of staff redundant as a direct result of the impact of COVID-19 until the end of June 2020.