When you apply for a job with us (whether you already work for Johnson Matthey or not), we will collect, store and use personal information about you, including information provided in a CV, application form or cover letter, information provided to us during interviews and assessments, records of qualifications, skills and training, references, copies of right to work documentation, and records of pre-employment checks. Some of the information we collect about you may be more sensitive, such as information about your race or ethnic origin, health, and any previous criminal convictions/offences.
We collect this recruitment information direct from you during the recruitment process and from third parties, including former employers, employment agencies and background check providers.
We use the recruitment information we collect to:
- assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work/role;
- carry out background and reference checks, where applicable and where permitted by local laws;
- communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- decide whether to enter into a contract of employment (or other service) with you;
- keep records relating to our hiring processes; and
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Subject to local laws, we may retain recruitment information for up to two years after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to the role. We may retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way.
Job applicants in China should read this privacy notice (Chinese).