How we at JM are responding to COVID-19
31st March 2020
To our customers and partners
As Johnson Matthey responds to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we operate and, where possible to do so safely, maintaining our manufacturing operations to meet the needs of our customers.
As a global company, we have extensive experience in planning for and responding to a wide variety of situations around the world. Our teams are closely monitoring developments in the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking the appropriate steps – consistent with current CDC, WHO and relevant national government recommendations – to help maintain the ongoing health and safety of our employees and customers, and to help ensure business continuity.
- Implemented working from home arrangements for all roles that can do so.
- Implemented safer working practices, social distancing and heightened cleaning regimes across our operating sites.
- Halted any international travel and all domestic travel for our employees.
- Put self-isolation procedures in place for employees who are displaying symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed infected individual.
- Implemented policies to ensure we notify all individuals, including customers, who have come into contact with a confirmed case.
- Put in place strict procedures on admitting visitors to our sites.
- We have made, and continue to make, efforts to evaluate and mitigate potential disruptions in supply to our customers around the world.
The situation is evolving rapidly, so we will continue to evaluate and update our policies as global and local conditions change. We will provide updates to customers affected where there are material changes in circumstances. If you have any questions, please get in touch with your regular JM business contact.
In the meantime, please be assured that all of us at JM remain focused on keeping safe and delivering for our customers.
Thank you for your continued support as we work together to limit the impact of COVID-19.
Stay connected, stay safe and keep well.