We're expert manufacturers of ultrafine wire (0.01-0.025mm diameter), with tightly controlled diameter and typical tolerances of ±3%. It's used in sensors and to trigger airbags, essential to ensuring people's safety. So we work to the highest standards, ensuring a high level of process control and consistent quality.
And with its conductivity, high melting point, chemical inertness and extremely stable electrical properties, it's an exceptional Resistance Thermometer Detector (RTD). We can tailor make ingots for ultrafine alpha platinum wire to specific requirements through batch selection and careful doping. We supply wire with temperature coefficient of resistance (alpha value) of 0.003800-0.003925, with a tight tolerance up to ±3ppm. Commonly required wires for resistance thermometry include alpha values of:
- 0.003850 for the industry standard for most sensors outside the USA and Japan. Typical wire diameter is 0.018mm.
- 0.003900, originally specified for the British Aircraft Industry.
- 0.003916 for accepted standard in the USA and Japan.
- Greater than 0.003925 for high precision resistance thermometer detector using very pure platinum wire. Typical wire diameter is 0.07mm.
For gas sensing, we typically supply the following sizes:
- 0.025mm to measure 220ohm/m resistance (±3%)
- 0.015mm to measure 600ohm/m resistance (±5%)
- 0.0125mm to measure 865ohm/m resistance (±5%)
- 0.010mm to measure 1347ohm/m resistance (±5%)